Saturday, July 08, 2006

Country of Fraud

I came upon a website that has lots of DNS tools. A very handy site when testing your server. http://www.dnsstuff.com

I tried the tools and was happy with the results it was giving, until I tested the "City from IP" tool that uses IP to find city and location. I was curious whether the results would give me my location so I used my static IP and got this result:

IP: 210.213.xxx.xx
Country: Philippines
City: Unknown
Country Code: PH
Merchant Note: Country may have high rate of fraud [1]
Currency: PHP [Philippines Pesos]
Private IP? No
Known Proxy? No

What??? high rate of fraud? Darn! and to think I live in this country. I cannot believe what I saw so I tested another one of the tools the site have, "IP Information". Got this result:
------------------
IP address: 210.213.xxx.xx
Reverse DNS: 210.213.xxx.xx.pldt.net.
Reverse DNS authenticity: [Could be forged: hostname 210.213.xxx.xx.pldt.net. does not exist]
ASN: 9299
ASN Name: IPG-AS-AP (Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company)IP range connectivity: 1
Registrar (per ASN): APNIC
Country (per IP registrar): PH [Philippines]
Country Currency: PHP [Philippines Pesos]
Country IP Range: 210.213.64.0 to 210.213.127.255
Country fraud profile: High
City (per outside source): Unknown
Private (internal) IP? NoIP address registrar: whois.apnic.net
Known Proxy? No
Link for WHOIS: 210.213.122.74

DANG! Fraud profile on all time "High". Saddening, very saddening to see that the country I live in is considered a place where fraud is rampant.

Tell me, how about the US??? I bet not...

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home